Remembering the 70s

A Simpler Time

Remembering the 70s - A Simpler Time

Baby Tender Love

Several people have inquired about this doll lately so I wanted to get it posted for them. Baby Tender Love from the 1971 Sears Wishbook.

Baby Tender Love 1971

Baby Tender Love 1971

Here are a couple of her sisters, Tearful Tender Love and Talking Tender Love. This page also has the Baby Tender Love Nursery and some additional clothing.

Baby Tender Love's Sisters and Accessories 1972

Baby Tender Love's Sisters and Accessories 1972

Category: 70s, 70s Toys
  • Martha says:

Awww, so cute.This doll has the sweetest face. I was a tomboy when I was young (having two brothers certainly helped), so I didn’t spend a lot of time with dolls. But there were a few, like this one, that caught my eye. Never did get her, though. :(

July 8, 2011 at 7:09 am
    • WebDebris says:

Well maybe that was for the best. Brothers have been known to hold sister’s dolls hostage. (lol)

July 9, 2011 at 5:45 am
  • Jane says:

So sweet. Exactly the kind of doll a little girl envisions and I had one very similar a few years earlier – but like Martha, by this point I was playing in the dirt with Tonka cars, making roads and bridges lol!

July 8, 2011 at 5:58 pm
  • WebDebris says:

Too funny. Not long ago I had talked about building a road with a Tonka Toy bullzozer.

I had built a road all the way from the house to a dirt pile in the back yard. Dad was not happy but I didn’t get in trouble for it. I worked all day on it!

July 9, 2011 at 5:49 am
  • Ora Green-Cobb says:

well i have an original Baby Tender love African American girl doll from 1972, in which i have named Pee-Wee,lol. I am looking for another girl baby tender love but can’t find one…help me please.

November 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm
    • WebDebris says:

Hi Ora and thanks for stopping by! I have no idea where to find one. Your best best is to try Ebay if you are looking for an online outlet. You can also try some antique stores in your area. Pee-Wee is a good name! :)

November 30, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Your email address will not be published.